1. www.google.com– Although outwardly Google seems like a very general resource, one application engineer here at Lumetrics swears by Google because he can just type in his question and all of the answers come right up.
2. http://digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/ – Need to convert something? Anything? This site converts any unit of measurement. Literally. Even Scandinavian Miles.
3. http://www.mrexcel.com/ – A great tool for forums and tutorials. Provides more capabilities than Excel, and different features that a general excel user would not need.
4. http://eng-tips.com – Different forums for engineers to reach out to each other to share information.
5. http://www.mcmaster.com– Resources for materials and tools that engineers would need.
6. http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/default.aspx – Repository for CAD models
7. http://www.solidworks.com/ – Modeling program, 3D models.
8. http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/excel/default.aspx– Self explanatory, our application engineers here use it for data processing
9. http://www.mathworks.com/ -Matlab- Similar to Excel, only it can handle much larger volumes of data for processing.
10. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-nz/ – very helpful program to develop software programs to use with our different applications.